Nariokotome Beach Management Unit
Re - Advertisement:
Business and Marketing Plan Consultancy
Ref No: NBMU-BMP/06/2016/4272-KEN
Nariokotome BMU is a Beach Management Unit based in Nariokotome, Turkana County, Anam Village.
It was registered on 3rd July, 2011 under the Government of Kenya.
It is owned by 70 members who are involved in fishing activity. For the successful implementation of its activities, Nariokotome BMU has recently received an Organizational Assistance Grant (OAG) from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) towards carrying out Environmental Impact Assessment of its planned project interventions.
In order to support the community in this venture, Nariokotome BMU is looking for a consultant to undertake Marketing and Business Plan so as to enable the group improve market linkages by exploring and utilizing the resultant report on this venture.
The output of the assessment is intended to put in place plan to guide future operations and a plan for expansion including; comprehensive plan for the maintenance of all BMU owned assets, exposure to other markets, ascertain the current BMU position in comparison to other BMUs by undertaking SWOT analysis, and ability to scan the markets for better sales returns.
Goal of the Consultancy: The overall goal is to contribute to the realization of a practical expansion plan by enhancing the group to improve market linkages.
The specific objectives
- Propose guidelines for maintenance of BMU assets.
- Identify current strengths and opportunities that will help mitigate some of the identified threats and weaknesses in a bid to have a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Identify and recommend the best marketing strategy.
Responsibilities of Nariokotome BMU
- Nariokotome BMU will provide the Consultant with relevant available reports and other documents related to the assignment and will not withhold any information pertinent to the Consultant’s work.
- The management committee/enterprise manager will supervise and provide technical guidance to the consultant where necessary.
Responsibilities of the consultant
- Constitute a technical team that is responsible to undertake the activity.
- Collation of necessary primary and secondary data for development of the Business and Marketing Plan.
- Develop the final report and submit to the assembly/community for approval.
Timing: It is envisaged that the services will be provided for a period of 2 weeks.
The consultant will work under the guidance of the Executive Committee and the enterprise manager, and will provide a draft report to the team during the activity period, for review.
The Consultant will be required to submit 3 copies of the final report in an acceptable format to Nariokotome BMU through the manager.
Requirements for consultancy
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of experience in Business and Marketing Plan consultancy services.
- Valid KRA compliance certificate
- Valid local authority trading license
- Curriculum vitae of lead consultant (s) for the exercise, and, confirmation of their availability if work is offered
- Past Experience in undertaking Business and Marketing Plan for fish farmers is an added advantage.
The Consultant shall carry out the study in a professional manner in keeping with accepted standards, using qualified staff with the necessary expertise.
The Consultant shall endeavor to implement the assignment with diligence and within the time frame agreed upon in the contract.
Mode of Payment: All payments will be in Kenya shillings and paid through cheques.
There will be advance payment of 40%, with subsequent payment of 40% upon submission of draft copies to the executive and management.
The final 20% payment will be made upon submission and acceptance of the final report by Executive committee.
Each installment payment shall be subjected to 5% withholding tax.
Consideration for applications
- A company profile, including demonstrated ability to conduct this assignment, and specifying the relevant area of expertise in conducting Environmental Audits.
- An elaborate approach and methodology, of carrying out the assignment.
- Expected consultancy fee in Kenya shillings.
- Updated curriculum vitae of the consultant(s) who will undertake the work that clearly spells out qualifications and experience.
- Reference Contact of at least 3 organizations who have recently contracted the firm/consultant(s) to carry out similar or related assignment.
Nariokotome BMU therefore invites qualified and interested consultants who meet the above listed minimum requirements to submit their expression of interest by August 25th 2016 at 5.00 pm through email:[email protected]; cc: [email protected] and [email protected]
The subject line should read BUSINESS AND MARKETING PLAN - REF. NBMU-BMP/06/2016/4272-KEN.
Only shortlisted firms/consultants will be contacted, but contacts of those unsuccessful will be kept in our database for future considerations when similar opportunities arise.