Duma works is recruiting a Business Development / Project Operations Coordinator for one of our clients: they operate within the telecommunications sector, and are beginning a project offering business to business telecommunications and call centre solutions in Kenya looking for a passionate Business Development Coordinator/ Project Operations Officer (M/F) to work on a full-time basis.
Purpose of the Role: The purpose of this role is to liaise between our two partner companies, one based in Nairobi, Kenya, where the role will be based, and the international partner, based in UK/Germany, to implement; monitor and project manage our joint-venture activities.
We are looking for an excellent communicator who can liaise between the 2 parties, solve problems, troubleshoot but also develop our business further and seek sales opportunities pro-actively in the future.
- Ensure timely and accurate project management and implementation of joint venture activities
- Create and monitor project plan needed to successfully implement actions
- Acting as a contact between the two parties ensuring successful implementation of joint venture activities, problem solution and trouble shooting. The contact will be mainly face to face within Kenya, and via telephone, email and Skype to the international partner.
- Gaining a clear understanding of both parties as well as customers' businesses and requirements and translate them into feasible actions
- Monitor customer uptake and traffic as well as reporting on progress regularly to the 2 parties
- Establish new business opportunities and sales leads once the joint venture has been successfully implemented
- (Bachelor’s) Degree in Business, Economics, Sales , Project Management or related field required
- 3- 5years experience in a business development and/or project management role ideally with an IT focus or technology background
- Ability to think strategically and passionate about driving the business to implement joint venture activities and meet/exceed targets
- Excellent communicator who has the ability to work without supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Must be proactive with ability to take pre-emptive measures to contain a situation
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of technical requirements and how to translate them into business actions
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to think on their feet and find solutions to challenges
- 1 to 2 years of demonstrated, successful sales experience is a plus
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2271”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2271, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 24th August 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient.
The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.