Vacancy: Customer Service Representative
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we? Cellulant is a digital payments business.
We run an ecosystem of consumers, merchants and banks in which we facilitate payments and build value through the value-added services we layer on top.
In building this ecosystem we serve different types of customers with different products, in a range that includes mobile banking products, mobile credit products, USSD, SMS, and digital content.
We are currently serving merchants and banks across 10 countries, and a wide set of industries
Our true competitive advantage lies in the ecosystem we are building – if we do a good job over the next few years, it will be the glue* that will connect everyone to everything – every consumer to every business in Africa.
We will glue together hundreds of thousands of businesses to an increasingly significant number of mobile consumers. Face of success shall be 100m active consumers spending $50-$100 on a few hundred thousand businesses connected to our payments ecosystem.
We aim to be Africa’s number 1 mobile commerce ecosystem by 2016.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team.
We invite you to be part of that growth by submitting your application to the following role.
Customer Service Representative
The position holder will be responsible answering incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information.
- answer calls and respond to emails
- handle customer inquiries both telephonically and by email
- research required information using available resources
- manage and resolve customer complaints
- provide customers with product and service information
- enter new customer information into system
- update existing customer information
- identify and escalate priority issues
- route calls to appropriate resource
- follow up customer calls where necessary
- document all call information according to standard operating procedures
- complete call logs
- produce call reports
Who are you?
Education and Experience
- A degree in any related field
- proficient in relevant computer applications
- required language proficiency
- knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- knowledge of call center telephony and technology
- 2 years’ experience in a call center or customer service environment
- good data entry and typing skills
- knowledge of administration and clerical processes
- verbal and written communication skills
- listening skills
- problem analysis and problem solving
- customer service orientation
- organizational skills
- attention to detail
- team work
- stress tolerance
What do we offer you?
When working at Cellulant*, you can expect to work on a diverse range of problems, with inspiring and creative colleagues.
You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development, and we highly value continuous learning.
We offer you a challenging position in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to [email protected]
The selection process entails an oral interview stage, followed by a case study presentation and a final interview.
The deadline for application is 2nd September 2016.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
Visit our website at www.cellulant.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone: [email protected] or 0202606696.