Function / Department: Commercial
Position Title: International Freight Forwarding Supervisor
Reports To: Commercial Manager
Direct Reports / Supervises: Order Processing Executives
Job Purpose: Build and grow the international freight forwarding business in close liaison with various route Managers and the local sales teams
- Sales executives
- Shipping lines
- Sales Leads: Use available data from various sources to build up sales leads that are shared with group offices and followed closely to closure.
- Client Relationship Management: Visit potential clients individually or with the direct sales team to educate and sell end to end solutions.
- IFF Reporting: Develop and implement templates that will show gains and losses on IFF business on a monthly basis.
- Tariffs: Manage the DMP in conjunction with HQ and ensure air and ocean rates are competitive whilst comparing with the local available rates.
- Budget: Ensure agreed budgeted volumes and gross margin per route are achieved on a monthly basis.
- Commercial visits: Coordinate route management visits and ensure firm appointments are fixed in close liaison with the Commercial Manager and the Managing Director.
- Order Processing: Manage the order processing team by ensuring consistent follow up and update on all shipments on hand.
- IFF proposals: Work closely with the pricing team to ensure all IFF proposals are responded to within 24 hours from receipt of enquiries.
- Computer literacy
- 3 years
- Interpersonal relations
- Business Degree
- Knowledge of the freight industry
Apply in confidence to [email protected]