The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Knowledge Management Officer who will be reporting to the Finance and Investments Manager.
Job Objectives: To champion organization-wide knowledge mining and sharing, so that the organization’s know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Promote knowledge management through collection, organization, recording, cataloging, and overseeing the shelving of historical and current information pertaining to all areas of the Association.
- To organize resources in an accessible way;
- To develop the use of ICT to improve service delivery;
- To catalogue the information collections quickly and accurately.
- To oversee a shelving section ensuring organized up to date information
- Performance Indicators
- To be agreed with Line Manager
- First degree in business and/or librarian studies
- Several years of experience with organizations operations and business tools
- Experience in establishing effective partnerships within and outside the organization.
- Communications: Ability to get consensus and collaboration across many business units; to generate enthusiasm; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Drive for Results: Makes things happen; Is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing"; sets high standards for self; Commits to organizational goals
- Teamwork: Collaborates with others in own unit and across boundaries
- Learning and knowledge sharing: open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
- Analytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment - analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
- Importance must be attached to projecting Kenya Girl Guides Association as a professional Association of integrity, delivering quality services.
- In the performance of this job it is essential that the Holder conducts herself or himself in a way that optimizes the cooperation of staff in the achievement of Association’s objectives
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to [email protected] by 18th August 2016.
Indicate Knowledge Management Officer in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.