Microsoft Windows (Wintel) Engineer
Job Summary: Assist in the administration, maintenance, support and upgrades of Windows operating systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Windows operating system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Provide input in the planning of Windows operating systems upgrades and deployment.
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Windows operating systems.
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for Windows operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
- Perform daily Windows operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
- Maintain backup of the Windows operating system network.
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on Windows operating system environment in CUSTOMER through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily Windows systems checks and correct any issues.
- Monitor Windows systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to the end users and ensure timely resolution of Windows system problems.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
Education and Experience Requirement
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can send their applications to [email protected] stating their current and expected salary.