The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government structures and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
NEPHAK is currently looking for qualified professionals to join its team for the implementation of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) HIV - Project with the Kenya Red Cross Society as the Principle Recipient in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Kakamega County.
A qualified and experienced professional is being looked for to join NEPHAK team in the following position:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Assistant
The position is responsible for providing support to program/project implementation in monitoring and measuring the impact of programs and activities; implementation of M&E systems focused on data collection, storage, analysis and reporting; supporting the gathering and management of data; ensure the use of appropriate monitoring and evaluation approaches and information systems; and dissemination of relevant information to stakeholders.
Reporting to the Programme Officer, the MERL Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Monitoring and assessment; roll out and implementation of M&E related initiatives
- Support data collection, keying in data and quality control exercises
- Facilitate review meetings with CHVs and provide supportive supervision to them for effective reporting.
- Monitor program implementation through regular contact and field visits and identifying opportunities and mechanisms for program improvement
- Support the analysis and produce reports to monitor progress
- Facilitate proper storage of all data and information and ensure regular back-ups
- Synthesize lessons and experiences for continuous improvement of programme
- Documentation and Reporting by assisting in compilation of periodic and ad-hoc programme reports.
Qualifications and Competencies
Level of Education
- Diploma in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or any related fields desirable.
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Additional qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Data entry or Development related subjects will be an added advantage.
- Experience in community participatory methodologies
- Experience working in tuberculosis and HIV programming fields
- At least two (2) years in a similar position.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build trust among partners and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong information technology skills.
NEPHAK Working Conditions
The positions involve frequent travel by the jobholder to visit member organizations and project sites and the travel may at times involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and difficult circumstances.
There may be periods that require the jobholder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court, Wood Avenue,
off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads.
P. O. Box 75654 00200
and/or email: [email protected]
(indicate clearly the position applied for in Subject line of the email)
by Friday 26th August 2016.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.