Job Title: Roads Superintendent
Salary: 50K – 60K
Our client is a leading construction firm based in Kenya devoted to civil engineering in select geographical locations and seeks to hire a Roads Superintendent for their roads construction projects.
- Planning, designing, evaluating, constructing and maintenance of roads and infrastructure.
- General administration of ongoing projects.
- Preparation of technical specifications for works and projects including site plans, bill of quantities, structural, mechanical and civil plans
- Carry out regular evaluation of infrastructural needs.
- Preparation of roads related annual work plans for implementation in consultation with field officers
- Carry out routine and periodic maintenance of roads within their jurisdiction
- Responsible for financial management and reporting on utilization of funds allocated to the roads unit.
- Supervise staff within the roads unit.
- Safe custody of inventory, maintenance and repair of plants and equipment within the roads unit.
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- Diploma in civil engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years work experience as a senior roads inspector or in a similar position
- Have experience in construction and maintenance of roads/ rural access roads
- Construction management skills
- Good project/contract management and costing skills
- Ability to manage and sustain high cost centre performance, compliance and performance standards
- Be a person of high integrity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Roads Superintendent) to [email protected] before Monday 15th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.