Duma Work is recruiting a Sales and Merchandising Supervisor for one of our clients.
The hiring company is a leading healthy–foods provider in Kenya.
Job Purpose: The Sales & Merchandising Supervisor is responsible for managing the merchandising team as well as ensuring overall product availability and visibility in all outlets regionally; while generating comprehensive reports of the same.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Achieving sales target as per set Company requirements
- Planning, facilitating and coordinating sales and merchandising activities
- Analyze, monitor and manage stocks outs and short expiries; formulate and implement appropriate control measures
- Track, monitor and assess sales and merchandising output; and provide periodic performance reports for Management review
- Periodically assess, monitor and evaluate route plans to ensure consistent implementation and adherence of the same
- Monitor and assess sales to ascertain that customers operate within their set credit limits
- Conduct quarterly regional visits of all accounts; assess, evaluate and prepare timely performance analysis reports for Management review
- Gather market intelligence form the sales and merchandising team and trade visits done; and maintain a database for evaluation and tracking purposes of all SKUs
- Maintain and ensure adequate servicing of current market share; facilitate and coordinate sales and merchandising activities to increase and grow the market niche
- Submit weekly and monthly timely and accurate reports to the Directors
- Any other duties not necessarily mentioned which are in line with the position as a Sales & Merchandising Supervisor
- Effective and proven planning, coordinating and organizational skills
- Results’ oriented
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive and proactive
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in the Sales & Marketing field with vast experience in a leadership capacity.
- Experience in the FMCG will be an added advantage
- Education and specialist Knowledge Required
- Degree/ Diploma in Sales Management & Marketing/ Business Management or relevant field
- Computer proficiency
- Professional certificate from an accredited body
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge of organic foods will be an added advantage
A cover letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2308”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2308, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th August 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.