At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based at Siginon Global Logistics, Mombasa.
Warehouse Team Leader – 1 Position
Job Purpose: Reporting to Warehouse Manager, the job holder will be responsible for planning, coordinating and general administration of the warehouses, including the day-to-day supervision of staff and overseeing work organized by Warehouse Supervisors.
- Oversee all the inventory movements within the Warehouses to ensure that they are accompanied with the necessary system transactions and supporting documents.
- Maintaining proper storage conditions of client’s inventory in the warehouses and stores physical arrangement to ensure that it is adequate to facilitate easy picking and stock taking.
- Steering the implementation and continual compliance to the ISO 22000 and GMP in all food handling areas and ISO 9001:2008 in all warehouse operation areas.
- Communicating with clients and other departments giving regular updates on documents processing, stock receipts, allocations, delivery status and photos where applicable.
- Ensures compliance with statutory and trade requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets, budgeted turnover and profitability are achieved.
- Facilitate the training and development of team members in the department, by providing feedback and coaching to support improvements in their job performance.
- Maintaining and continuously improving standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
- Diploma in Warehouse Management, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Previous experience handling customs documentation is desired.
- Solid understanding of applicable legislative requirements.
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- At least 4 years’ experience in similar position
Skills & Competencies
- High Level of integrity.
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Thursday 19th August 2016 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org