Job Title: NMC Engineer
Effective Date: Immediately
Business Unit: Wananchi Telecom Limited
Report to: Team Leader- NMC
Company Profile: Wananchi Telecom Ltd is part of the Wananchi Group Holding. Wananchi Group Holding is one of East African’s leading internet, data and entertainment companies, first Triple Play brand, incorporating broadband internet, cable television and voice services.
Wananchi Telecom Ltd is a carrier of carriers and provide wholesale telecommunications services to ISPs and Telcoms across the region.
- Consistent and proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting of all outages on infrastructure including but not limited to data centre, GPON network, Wimax network, Local and International IP backbone, Metro Switch network, Power, SDH/Transmission Network and Monitoring screens.
- Managing and maintaining Network Management Systems/Servers : Solarwinds Orion, Cacti, Nagios, Microtik Dude, Huawei GPON U2000,Telsima StarMax, Aperto Wave Centre, ECI Xmanager, Pure Wave 4G.
- Validating alarms from monitoring tools for downtime reporting and for raising trouble tickets. Doing reports on core network uptime & availability.
- • Monitoring regional and international circuits via Teams, TATA, PCCW, Zesco, EASSy, Seacom and Bharti Airtel India (SEMEWE 4 and IMEWE). Follow-ups on downtime resolution to adhere to SLAs and providing RFOs on time.
- Managing IP traffic and QOS of various customers via the bandwidth manager and service-policy based routing.
- Attending field support or assisting Field Support engineers in bringing up new links/circuits.
- Managing IPPlan database to keep records of our IP address plan.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults on 2nd tier escalation from Support as per WBS escalation matrix
- Network Documentation: This involves maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Manage network maintenance both emergency and planned in co-ordination with other departments involved
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, customer backup and other customer network services).
- Develop solution/customer network diagrams for new projects being handled on the NOC level.
- Practice as Level 1 transmission Engineer, this involves provisioning, monitoring and handling support escalations for the SDH Transmission network.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years in technical department with direct experience in facing technical clients, technical experience in the telecommunications area with deep knowledge of transmission and IP network services
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good knowledge on IP and Transmission network provisioning of services.
- Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols (MRTG, RRD, NAGIOS, SNMP).
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic Linux CLI skills.
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Be able to work in a call-out Rota running 24x7.
- CCNA/JNCIA certification, CCNP/JNCIP will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application and CV to [email protected] subject heading NMC ENGINEER not later than 14th September 2016
Wananchi Telcom Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer competitive compensation to the right candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.