Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Reporting to: Top Management
Liaisons: Production / Sales / Accounts
Position Function: To oversee the day-to-day operations and staff of the warehouse in order to ensure the efficient, timely and secure passage of stock through the warehouse from receipt of raw materials to despatch of finished goods while continually improving processes and procedures to drive efficiency and reduce costs by enforcing quality control standards, timely delivery, effective budgetary management and maintaining high standards of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take complete responsibility for the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all raw materials and finished goods received and stored in the warehouse(s).
- Undertake full accountability of any shortages / discrepancies of physical stock to the stock ledger.
- Ensure that all receipts of raw materials and finished goods are properly documented, including any damages or shortages. Make periodic random checks during loading/unloading operations to ensure that items delivered by vehicles conform to the quantity recorded on the delivery note.
- Utilise 5S methodology to keep the warehouse well organized, neat, and clean by continuously assessing availability of space and preparing stacking/storage plans for raw materials and finished goods.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of raw materials and finished goods stored. Carry out regular raw materials and finished goods physical periodic check/inventory of the warehouse.
- To monitor stock levels and reorder as needed from approved suppliers to ensure daily requirements are met as well as planning for peak periods.
- Consistently liaise with production and sales department for planning and forecasting purposes.
- To undertake and oversee all stock related tasks & issues such as, stock taking, order distribution, receiving incoming freight (including safe unloading of containers), stock locations, bar coding, stock transfers, quarantine, packaging, cross dock, consumable replenishment etc. This includes reporting damaged incoming deliveries and reconciling freight invoices.
- Oversee the dispatch operations to ensure timely delivery of finished goods to customers.
- To maintain consistent quality control of stock & order packing to minimise transit or holding faults and limit stock returns and ensure top service at all times.
- Maintain an up to date record of goods in & out of stock by having regular cycle counts.
- Oversee daily activities of the warehouse to maximize production goals and requirements.
- To liaise with transporters and ensure timely collection of goods
- Answer the dock door to receive in all shipments, utilizing forklift and pallet jack when necessary
- Undertake forward planning for peak periods to ensure the warehouse and staff are ready to ensure fast, effective turnaround of all orders.
- Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools.
- To maintain the physical condition of the warehouse and surrounding areas by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repairs and completing requisitions for replacements.
- Oversee and carry out/coordinate the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and other equipment. To also ensure safety of vehicles including forklifts and ensure all staff using vehicles have current licenses and have full understanding of the equipment.
- Monitor safe work practices and adhere to safety measurements put in place ensuring health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment and staff. This will require to direct staff, providing on the job training.
- Train and supervise the warehouse staff.
- To lead by example and set a high level of consistent productivity and customer service that is sustainable to all staff members.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the warehouse workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met. This includes briefing team leaders on issues for that particular day.
- Manage and implement the warehouse roster and ensure there are enough trained staff to meet workload demands all in line with budget allocation. This will also cover approval and management of warehouse staff leave rosters.
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email, fax and telephone using a professional and courteous manner.
- Effectively communicate with other departments, staff groups and customers as required.
- Producing and where necessary designing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as requested by management.
- Reconcile deliveries in and out and report any variances to management.
- To complete all tasks assigned within set time frames to the best of your ability.
- To complete any other assigned duties willingly and to the best of your ability.
- Minimum Degree / Diploma.
- Proven analytical and warehouse management skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to implement training.
- Ability to management a large workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation.
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse management experience in a manufacturing setup.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT Systems and Software.
Apply in confidence stating your current and expected salary to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.