Job Title: Web Applications Developer
A communications company that is totally driven by entrepreneurship and innovation seeks to transform its Web & Technology department in order to give exceedingly superior customer service to its existing and potential clientele.
Are you the best team maker?
Can you be the next exceptional Web Apps Developer ever seen?
Are you an Innovator?
Then come and Join us.
You will be responsible for delivering world-class web applications, diversifying into innovative digitally informative products and offering local businesses an unparalleled opportunity to grow successful digitally.
As your reward, there shall be an excellent remuneration package that includes a basic salary plus performance related bonuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications; and leading team of developers.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Only Diploma / Degree in Software Development or Multimedia Web Design from a recognized institution
- Demonstrable Experience in Web Applications Development
- Strong Knowledge of Industry Trends and Product Developments
- Web User Interface Design and Web Programming Skills,
- Programming: .net; XML/XSLT; ASP; PHP; Python.
- Design and graphics: InDesign; Illustrator; Photoshop; Fireworks; Flash.
- Content management system (CMS): Wordpress; Adobe Business Catalyst; Drupal; Ektron; Zope.
- Software Requirements, Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Debugging,
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD),
- Multimedia Content Development,
- Technical Leadership,
- Good interpersonal and demonstrable communication skills
- Be goal oriented and focused.
- A go-getter.
- Exceptionally high integrity and honesty
- Time management skills within flexible working hours routines
- Client Relationship Management Skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving Skills
- A great deal of Creativity
- Analytical Skills
- Great at teamwork
If you have magical expertise as a Web Apps Developer, please send your application to:
Your CV must also state your current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday. 19th August 2016.