Position: Workshop Manager
A company in Mombasa is looking for a highly qualified and suitable candidate for the aforementioned position.
Job Summary: He/She will be responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventory management of all tractor / heavy plant accessories and parts.
- Monitory of fleet performance, fleet utilization and undertaking of performance improvement interventions.
- Undertaking of fast, timely diagnosis of problems and fast trouble shooting.
- Undertaking of cost effective, timely remedial and preventive maintenance.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the Workshop.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering.
- Three years and above experience as a Workshop Manager in a busy workshop.
- This challenging position will require a candidate with detailed knowledge and understanding of machinery and heavy equipment, good planning and operations management skills, proven ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, high level communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail.
- They should display professional demeanor with qualities such as strong work ethics, trustworthiness, and embrace teamwork.
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send your Application letter along with your resume as One Word Document, and a daytime telephone contact to; [email protected]
Closing Date: 2nd Sept 2016 by 5.30pm