Rewarding Career Opportunity at the Institute of Human Resource Management
Our client, the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) is a professional Body of Human Resource Professionals in Kenya with the overall mandate to regulate the HR profession under the Human Resource Management Professionals Act 2012.
The vision of the Institute is to be a global recognized Human Resource Professional Body and its mission is to regulate, develop and promote the human resource profession in Kenya.
The IHRM Governing Council seeks to recruit an Executive Director who is talented, creative, competent and dynamic team player with proven track record.
Reporting to the Council, the Executive Director will be expected to provide focused leadership and direction for the Institute and the Human Resource profession in general and drive the realization of its strategic goals, objectives and programmes.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to the Institute in order to achieve corporate goals and objectives while developing and implementing strategies and goals in collaboration with the National Council.
- Develop effective innovative resource initiatives to facilitate implementation of various programmes
- Oversee effective management and investment undertakings by ensuring sound policies/procedures and practices are developed and adopted/implemented for sustainability and stability of the Institute.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Institute, and maintain and safeguard a credible public profile of the Institute while ensuring effective communication between the management and the Council as well as with different levels of staff.
- Develop, implement and continually evaluate advocacy, networking and partnership initiatives that will promote and elevate the work of IHRM and its image
- Represent the Institute in national, regional and international fora and meetings
- Develop, implement and manage the work-plans and budgets including ensuring prudent financial and other resource utilization.
- Provide regular reports to the Council indicating progress in attaining the strategic goals and supervise all staff of the Institute and ensure highest standards of discipline are upheld.
- Create a conducive environment for attracting, retaining, and motivating staff through development and implement an appropriate staff performance management system
- Ensure proper management, custody and optimal utilization of the Institute’s resources: - human capital, finances and physical assets and information in order to meet operational, social and economic objectives.
- Ensure the implementation of the Council’s policies and decisions, develop and submit to the Council business plans, annual operating budgets and strategic plans for consideration and approval from time to time
- Drive the Institute’s culture change agenda in order to inculcate the core values of honesty, integrity, transparency, accountability and good corporate governance practices.
- Institute proper internal control systems and procedures to safeguard both the Institute’s physical and intangible assets
- Oversee and promote best practices in the procurement process of goods and services by ensuring that the laid down procurement regulations and guidelines are strictly complied with.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A degree in Human Resource, Business Administration / Business Management or any other social science degree from a recognized university.
- A masters’ degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or equivalent.
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior management level. Experience in the human resource function would be an added advantage.
- Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) and hold a valid practicing certificate
- A good understanding and knowledge of the Kenyan Labour Laws.
- Demonstrable understanding of strategic leadership and management skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of finance, corporate governance, national, regional and international goals and policies, and ability to link them to the Institute’s mission
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems, with candid performance feedback, reward for exemplary performance, and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Have good communication, public relation, interpersonal and analytic skills
- Demonstrable exposure to a computerized working environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategic management processes
- Comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Be of high level of integrity and accountability
- Team player
In addition, all applicants should submit certified copies of the clearance certificates from the following Institutions:-
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Appointment to the position will be on a 3 year contract term.
If you fit the profile of this role and are interested in this challenging opportunity, submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference of the position directly to
by 7th October 2016.
PKF will only process applications submitted through the online address given and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.