Our client, Commercial Bank of Africa is a financial services provider licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to offer financial service solutions and advice through innovative and reliable strategies.
The bank is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following job position in their Nairobi office:
Dealer – FX and Money Markets
Reporting to the Head of Trading in the Treasury department, the purpose of this role is to undertake proprietary trading in all the permitted asset classes, andassist in the overall management of the balance sheet in terms of liquidity management as well as management of all the currency positions that the bank holds.
The role bearer is authorized to transact and price liabilities based on strict adherence to all applicable prudential guidelines and applicable statutes.
These functions will include
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- Quality of exchange and interest rates pricing services (25%)
- Management of Bank’s bond book both for investment and trading purposes (35%)
- Optimization of income through prudent liquidity management (30%)
- Zero penalties associated with clearing/CRR account with CBK (10%)
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform support activities/tasks for money market and FX dealing in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Analytical, processing and report writing skills specific to money market and forex dealing operations
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- University degree with bias in commerce.
- Three years working experience in a well-established treasury department in a bank.
- Practical Knowledge of CBK guidelines
- At least 3 years banking or financial markets experience with exposure in Banking operations.
- Good communication skills with strong personality and ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] with the subject DEALER – FX AND MONEY MARKETS by 3rd October 2016 12:00noon stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.