Our client, Commercial Bank of Africa is a financial services provider licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to offer financial service solutions and advice through innovative and reliable strategies.
The bank is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following job position in their Nairobi office:
Manager, Business Continuity Management (BCM)
Reporting to the Group Head, Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance, the purpose of this role is to create and sustain a cohesive approach to Business Continuity Management within the Group.
The job holder will achieve this by bringing together the various stakeholders including: Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance, Business Units, Physical Security and IT Disaster Recovery.
These functions will include
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- To provide assurance on the Group’s BCM capability to protect the business, our customers and clients` interests, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders by minimizing the impact of significant incidents or disruptions. (40%)
- Ensure continuity of the business in a planned and controlled manner, following a significant incident or disruption, to meet the requirements of the business and comply with applicable laws, contracts, regulators and any other factors in the jurisdiction in which the company operates. (30%)
- Establish responsibility and accountability for BCM and crisis management at senior executive level and ensure that both BCM and Crisis management is embedded as part of business, management, change and development. (10%)
- Ensure the business requirements for BCM are captured and understood to ensure appropriate plans and capabilities are implemented, tested to validate operational readiness to meet these requirements. (20%)
- Performance Management to optimize own productivity.
- Technical skills to effectively perform and/or guide performance of Business Continuity management activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern Business Continuity management practices to initiate and implement tactical changes to support business performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- University Degree in a relevant field– Upper second or GPA 3.0.
- CBCI from the Business Continuity Management Institute
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Practical Knowledge of CBK guidelines on BCM and best practice standards.
- At least 3 years banking or financial markets experience with exposure in Banking operations.
- Good communication skills with strong personality and ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] with the subject BUSINESS CONTINUTY MANAGER by 27th September 2016 12:00noon stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.