Good Neighbors International is an international development and humanitarian NGO in General Consultative Status with the UN ECOSOC and since 1995, the Organization has been implementing and initiating community development projects in 6 communities in Kenya
We are seeking a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi;
Education Specialist - Teacher’s Training of Trainers (ToT)
Work type: Fixed Term, Full-time
About the job: Under the guidance and general supervision of the Country Director, the Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Education program and is responsible for planning, managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of education programs within the country program.
The Education Specialist will provide strategic and technical leadership in this process.
She/he will assume the overall responsibility for the growth and development of the education portfolio, including training for staff implementing in the field and operations research to test new approaches or the application of approaches in delivery of quality education and teacher empowerment.
- Program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of result
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Finance management and administration
- A Masters’ degree in education, economics, social science or related field or equivalent.
- 5 years of professional experience in education and management in social development planning and related areas at the international level, some of which preferably in developed and/or developing countries is required.
- Relevant experience in any international NGO is an asset.
- Experience of planning and managing Teacher’s Training of Trainers (ToT] program is strongly required.
- Experience in networking and co-operation with government in a developing country preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required; Korean language skills preferred.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected] enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, and a daytime telephone number and three (3) Referees.
All applications must be clearly stated the Job Title as the subject.
The deadline is 25th Sep. 2016 23:59 (Kenyan Standard Time)
Note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.