The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR), an international action research and training institute with more than 50 years of grassroots field experience in rural communities is now hiring a…
Position: Finance Officer
Position: Finance Officer
Workstation: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will work in the Finance Unit in close coordination with program teams and Kenya country management.
S/he is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in preparing financial documents & financial reports and ensures appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly financial reports, projects variance reports, donor reports, quarterly financial reports, and other financial schedules in accordance with the accounting standards, financial policies, procedures and established formats.
- Process and analyze interoffice reconciliation, bank reconciliation, cash flows projections, Tax schedules, payroll worksheets, pension schedules, depreciation schedules and other related financial monitoring reports.
- Review the recording of financial documents generated from the institute database files.
- Ensure that all related financial request from donors, IIRR country directors/managers, IIRR finance director, President are delivered in quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness,
- Take the lead in preparing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets as required by management.
- Lead necessary preparation for regular internal and external audit, statutory registration and meet standard of other government compliance.
- Orient non-finance staff in financial policies, guidelines, forms, procedures and templates.
- Perform other related responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated from time to time.
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in finance management or related and a Certified Public Accountant holder.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ work experience in similar responsibilities; (experienced in working with Not-for-Profit Organization is an advantage).
- Keen attention to details and good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate in English: written and verbal with ability to perform well in a complex work environment.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver high-quality, accurate work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge in MS-Excel; (knowledge in QuickBooks Accounting Software will be an advantage).
- Experience in using computers and office software applications such as MS Word, Power Point, and Internet.
Candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter that summarizes applicant’s experience.
Applicant is also expected to include details of 3 letters of references with address and contact email / phone numbers not later than September 30, 2016 to:
The Human Resources Office
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction
Africa Regional Center
E-Mail: [email protected]
Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer (for details about IIRR see www.iirr.org)