We are a leading company seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position:
Information System Manager
Information System Manager
The Information System Manager will be reporting to the General Manager, the role is to drive both ICT strategy and day to day operational ICT and projects services provision, ensuring that staff and clients have suitable technical resources, applications and support to achieve their objectives (on site and remotely) effectively, securely, and with a competitive and innovative edge.
- Strategic planning for ICT in line with the short/medium term corporate strategy and overseeing the execution of agreed ICT strategic plan
- Implementation and operational management of the organization’s ICT needs, including the implementation and integration of system and technology initiatives necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Budget planning, procurement, negotiations, contracts, SLA, payments & vendor relationship, ICT & business projects, solution evaluation, selection & implementation,
- Develop, recommend and document ICT policies, standards, procedures, organization structure, staff matters
- Management / User support & consultancy in terms of technology solutions, processes, integrations, security controls, business continuity, technology trainings, optimization and utilization of technology, solution design & assessment
- Provide technology support & consultancy; solution evaluation & selection; support for documentation including policies, procedures, contracts, SLA for the group of companies.
- Regular review of ICT capacity and skills, Resource planning and provide relevant support and recommendations
- Oversee the implementation of various audit (internal & external) recommendations and provide regular updates on ICT Risks and ICT Audit Action Points to Management
- Provide all necessary information and details to Management and under various discussion points to facilitate effective decision making.
- Participate as member in various Project Steering Committees and provide technical inputs and support for Business Projects & New initiatives
- Provide Project Management for projects, facilitate procurement process as per the approved guidelines and oversee the Go-Live of all projects
- Monitor BCP /DR related activities and conduct a critical review of Contracts and SLA for ICT and business projects to ensure the stipulated terms and conditions are acceptable to the organization (avoiding hidden risks and costs)
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering or Information Systems
- Masters Qualification will be an added advantage
- At Least 7 years working experience, five (4) of which should have been at a management level
- Technical experience in systems, databases and web development and in user support.
- MCSE, MCSD, MCCP, ITIL, Prince 2, PMP and/or, CISA
- VMware, NETAP infrastructure
- Oracle, SQL
- Experience in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic and HTML.
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Problem solving;
- Analytical thinking;
- Planning and organising;
- Decision making;
- Technical knowledge.
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to build relationships, innovative, analytical thinking and customer orientation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
This positions will be open until suitable candidates are shortlisted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.