One of our clients, an Insurance Brokers Company based in Nairobi wants to fill the below position.
Reports To: Head of Operations (Underwriting & Claims) and the Managing Director.
- Studying Insurance proposals
- Gathering and assessing background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved.
- Computing results for appropriate premiums using actuarial information, other statistics and own judgment.
- Visiting insurance companies, potential customers and preparing quotes.
- Liaising with specialists such as surveyors, doctors for risk management
- Gathering information and various types of reports from specialists , for example surveyors, assessors )
- Negotiating terms with policy holders and insurance companies
- Specifying conditions to be imposed on different types of policies for example asking that a property owner installs security cameras.etc.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Receiving e-mails and respond on issues of underwriting
- Receiving Phone call from clients/Ins Co. and attend
- Arranging for issuance of COI/Marine Certificate or any other u/w document that the client may request urgently.
- Preparing renewal invitation – Renewal Notice/Risk Notes/Renewal Schedules in excel sheet and export to IPAC (Where schedules are big)
- Liaising with Insurance Company on preparation of the renewal debits
- Preparing Renewal Invoices in IPAC on receipt of the Insurance debits
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial science or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar job position in a very busy environment.
- Exceptional communication skills along with an ability to collaborate and influence without direct authority to build effective internal and external partnerships.
- Strong negotiating, planning, prioritizing and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Interested Applicants should submit their applications to [email protected]
Closing date for all applications 9th September 2016.