Kenya National Trading Corporation (KNTC) is a state owned Corporation whose mandate is to efficiently trade in quality products and services to ensure a balance of supply and demand in the country’s distribution networks while promoting wholesale, retail and e-commerce in line with Vision 2030.
The Corporation is seeking for a qualified and competent individual to fill the following vacant position:
Salary Scale 4
Job Ref: HR/MA/09/2016
Reporting to the Finance & Accounts Manager, the successful candidate shall be responsible for providing the financial information necessary for the planning and financial protection of the corporation and ensuring accurate stock costing, valuation of stocks and assets monitor and control revenue, credit and expenditure transactions.
Key duties and responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities
- Create, implement and monitor process and procedures around the creation of monthly forecasts.
- Prepare periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Inform key strategic decisions and formulation of business strategies.
- Implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Prepare periodic financial reports and financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Monthly detailed revenue projections in collaboration with the sales and marketing manager and market research analyst.
- Analyze and report on revenue trends against projections and advise accordingly on any required remedial measures.
- Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions and advise on ways of improving business performance.
- Ensure reference to the relevant financial analysis, forecasts, trends and results analysis on aspects such as cash flow projections for all depots as well as product lines, variance analysis, detailed benefit analysis together with sales and marketing departments and carry out any other ad hoc reporting.
- Responsible for year end working papers as determined by the Finance Manager
- Ensure the verification of the revenue paid against any stock records.
- Ensure the compilation of the revenue records for submission to the director.
- Ensure effective maintenance of records of all credit transactions.
- Reconcile all the credit transactions against any relevant settlements.
- Advise on any necessary changes in the credit policies.
- Participate in development of the Department’s Work plan and Corporation’s budget;
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the department.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers.
Required Qualifications, Skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Commerce or Economics or a Relevant Degree.
- CPA-K or ACCA-UK.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- IT proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of IFRSs, ISAs and IASs
- Budgeting and financial management skills
- Administrative and coordination skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the specified requirements should send their applications stating the current and expected salary, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of all academic certificates, testimonials, valid certificate of good conduct to the address below to be received not later than 28th September, 2016.
Quote Job Title & Ref No on the envelope.
The Managing Director
Kenya National Trading Corporation
P.O. Box 30587 – 00100
Kenya National Trading Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, Persons with Disabilities and people from the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted.