Mathira Water and Sanitation Company (MAWASCO) is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified Kenyan to fill the vacant Post of Internal Auditor.
MAWASCO is a Water Service Provider wholly owned by County Government of Nyeri and contracted by Tana Water Services Board to provide water and sanitation services under its licence in Mathira East and Mathira West Sub-Counties under the Water Act 2002.
To strengthen our team of staff and leadership, we urgently invite applications from highly competent, proactive and self driven individual to fill the following position within the company.
Reporting functionally to the Board Audit Risk & Governance Committee and administratively to the Managing Director, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for assisting the management and the Board in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with reports containing analysis, recommendations, counsel and information concerning the activities/operations reviewed including risk management systems and governance.
- Designing, reviewing, and developing audit techniques and procedures for assessing comprehensive financial and systems audit reporting
- Review and appraise the soundness and efficiency of all systems of controls including financial, operational and internal control systems and procedures.
- Prepare the annual audït programme and ensure that it is effectively carried out.
- Analyse outcomes of audit activities, provide timely reports and follow through to ensure that recommendations are considered and implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure coordination of external audits with regulators and external auditors
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required from time to time and submit report of findings to the Board.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance) with CPA (K) / ACCA
- Four (4) years relevant working experience in a similar position
- Professional membership/ qualification in auditing will be an added advantage
- Must have high level of integrity, confidentiality, excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their applications with updated C.Vs. and copies of education and professional qualifications, indicating day time telephone contacts and three professional referees, and expected salary.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th September 2016.
The Managing Director
Mathira Water and Sanitation Company Ltd
P.O Box 1981 - 10101