The National Gender and Equality Commission
Vision: A society that upholds gender equality, dignity, respect and fairness for all
Mission: To effectively and efficiently promote gender equality and freedom from discrimination for all persons in Kenya
The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Gross Salary Scale: Entry Kshs. 230,000 P.M.
Terms of Service: 5 Year Contract Renewable
Other Benefits: Medical Cover, Group Life Insurance & WIBA
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have served in the grade of Internal Auditor (or in a relevant and comparable position) for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3) years of which should have been at management level.
- Possess A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts, Commerce, Finance or any other relevant and qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Studies), Economics, Finance or any other relevant qualification field from a recognized institution;
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA K)
- A current member of ICPAK
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Public Finance Management, Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS), Public Procurement Procedures and Regulation.
- Have Knowledge and expertise in use of computer applications viii) Good Communication skills
- Demonstrable professional competence and administrative ability as shown in work performance and results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
The holder will be secretary to the Audit Committee of the Commission and will be responsible for planning, executing, reporting and follow up on scheduled and adhoc audits to provide assurance to the commission and management on the adequacy of internal controls and compliance to laws and regulations.
Specific duties and responsibilities include to:
- Formulate and implement internal audit policies and procedures;
- Produce proactive and timely internal audit reports for presentation to the management and to the Audit, Committee of the Commission;;
- Develop the audit plan giving priority to high risk areas and execute the plan on timely basis
- Conducting reviews as requested by management or the Audit Committee provided such reviews do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function;
- Supervise the preparation of audit programmes;
- Conduct scheduled and adhoc audits in the Commission;
- Facilitate storage and retrieval of audit reports;
- Ensure compliance to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Discuss audit findings with management and ensure audit recommendations are implemented and any lapses explained.
- Ensure compliance to the best professional auditing practices.
- Mentor, train, guide staff in internal audit.
- Advise on methods and procedures of proper and effective audit management and control systems; and
- Advise on use of and implementation of modern technology for effective audit management and control.
- Liaise with external auditors and other providers of assurance; and
- Be Secretary to the Audit Committee of the Commission
How to Apply
- Qualified candidate should attach to their applications: a detailed Curriculum Vitae; a copy of the National Identity Card (Both sides) and certified copies of Academic Certificates and relevant transcripts and any other relevant supporting documents
- All applicants should state their present and salary,
- Attach a copy of the letter of substantive appointment to their current position; and
- Give names of three (3) referees and their mobile and e-mail contacts.
Please Note that
- The Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons with Disability, Youth, People from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are especially encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- It is a criminal office for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- A candidate who applies online must scan all the required documents and email them.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Commission Secretary/CEO
National Gender and Equality Commission
Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P O Box 27512-00506
Email: [email protected]
To reach the Commission on or before 28th September 2016, (before 5.00pm).