Our client, a restaurant in Djibouti is seeking to recruit a Pastry Chef
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and execution of the dessert menu
- Supervision of assistant chefs and cooks
- Testing and tasting of recipes and experimentation with new flavors
- Measurement and mixing of ingredients
- Development of new designs and recipes an creation of signature desserts
- Ordering of supplies and equipment and setting time cycles for products
- Ensure that proper par stocks of all food items are maintained.
- Training and mentoring of staff
- Setting and working within a budget
- Coordination with the executive chef on complementary flavors
- Following the latest trends in culinary arts and artistically creating showpieces or centerpieces
- Sound knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the Kitchen and possess discipline to enforce those standards.
Qualification and Experience
- Be holders of a Diploma/Certificate in bakery / pastry from an internationally recognized hotel training institution.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position, specializing in making cakes, bread and general baking.
- Organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on tight production schedules and set quotas for number of items to be produced on a daily basis.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] or before close of business 7th October, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement