Our Client, a Real Estate Company based in Karen is looking to recruit an Accountant.
The ideal candidate must be very good in QuickBooks.
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Prepare and process employee expense reports.
- Design, prepare, and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
- Clients accounts reconciliations for payments received.
- Keep track of all insurance policies and licences, renewal dates and renew as required.
- Prepare all financial accounts ready for Auditors.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e QuickBooks and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates Collaborative nature
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area
- Ability to communicate effectively
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 80,000 (Approx. 800 USD)
Deadline: 20th October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.