Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital is the second national teaching and referral hospital serving the western Kenya and neighboring countries. It is the first public Hospital to be ISO 9001:2008.
We are seeking to engage a dynamic and results driven professional to fill each of the following position:
Resource Mobilization Officer (M6)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for planning, organizing, co-ordinating, administration and mobilization of resources for the Hospital.
This post requires a dynamic individual who will support Hospital in all Resource Mobilization activities.
Functions / Key results expected
- With guidance form CEO and in collaboration with other local and international implementation partners, develop a specific fundraising approach for Hospital with the local and international partners under his /her responsibility and provide advice and support to Hospital and relevant staff in the implementation of this strategy.
- Establish and broaden relations with international and national donors and financial partners and analyze information on their funding priorities and trends; advise MTRH, interagency partners on methods to develop bankable proposals, explore possible sources of funding, and coordinate strategic programme development opportunities with relevant Hospital stakeholders.
- Develop Hospital’s resource mobilization capacity through establishing a sound, methodological, coordinated and long-term approach to resource mobilization.
- Organize fundraising activities, such as donor briefings and presentations or joint donor events with the Partners in cooperation with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Monitor the provision of transparent, high-quality targeted reports for donors as agreed in the respective agreements.
- Consistently monitor systematic, regular and transparent reporting on all fundraising activities and results related to the donor community under his/her responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Strategic approach: Ability to contribute to the development of the Hospital’s fundraising approach with regards to national and international partners under his/her responsibility and to develop fundraising tools and mechanism, whilst ensuring that the Hospital’s reputation, integrity and its institutional independence are upheld and enhanced.
- Creating and innovating: Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for fundraising, through the analysis of trends and experience and the consideration of lessons learnt.
- Adapting and responding to change: Ability to challenge and question common resource mobilization practices and previous approaches, to adapt to changing circumstances and needs, and to identify and prioritize marketable projects.
- Ability to build networks and strategic alliances and maintain relationships with key donors and other partners, with tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to develop detailed knowledge and understanding of priorities and the areas of interest of partners whilst sensitizing them to Hospital’s Programme activities.
- Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest.
- Planning and organizing skills: Ability to coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of results and successes to donors both internationally and nationally
- Master degree or equivalent from a recognized university in the field of Finance, Economics, Social Sciences, Business Development, Public Administration, Management, International Relations, Marketing or Public Relations or business development.
- Certificate from any fund raising Institute or attended any such trainings will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of proven, hands-on working experience in fundraising, resource mobilization and project development preferably in the field of international human health, with progressive scope of responsibilities in a reputable organization.
- Proven record of mobilizing resources in private and public sectors, preferably in the field of human health.
- Excellent knowledge of written & spoken English, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, team functions and management skills.
- Proven excellence in writing good and successful proposals.
- Target driven individual who is passionate for innovative ideas and action, good networking, analytical skills and able to prioritize the demanding workload.
- In addition to the above requirements the officer to attach the current:-
- KRA Certificate
- HELB Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Credit Reference Bureau Certificate (CRB) Certificate
- EACC Clearance
Salary Attached to the Scale
- Scale M6: Kshs. 73,809 x 3,951 – 77,760 x 4,140 – 81,900 x 4,139 – 86,039 x 4,140 – 90,179 x 4,139 – 94,318 x 4,140 – 98,458p.m
Apart from the salary, there are other attractive allowances; and also a generous contributory pension scheme for jobs in scale M6 and M5.
Jobs in scales M4 and M3 are on three (3) years contract, renewable once for a further three (3) years subject to satisfactory work performance and retirement age.
Service gratuity calculated at the rate of 31% is payable at the end of each contract term.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-driven and results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter (six copies), detailed C.V, together with copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) referees whereby two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
P O Box 3-30100
So as to reach him not later than 12th October 2016 by 5:00pm.
Any lobbying/or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.