Job Title: Sales Manager - Oral Care
Profile Introduction: 3M is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Manager - Oral Care.
The successful candidate will be tasked with Creating demand for the 3M Oral Care and Orthodontic products and Growing the supported business in the key markets identified in the strategic plan.
The main role is to create demand at end-user level within selected verticals and driving selected portfolios, while pulling the demand through the local and national distributor.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Achieving sales targets, and Providing leadership in developing sales tactics and coordination of efforts between all stake holders in order to fulfil the financial objectives;
- Managing distribution channel partners;
- Conducting personal research with customers to better understand their needs. Work with Marketing and Technical Service to understand new customer opportunities and maintain this information in a database;
- Building relationships with key personnel in the dental/orthodontic market. Proactively present new application opportunities to end-users. Offer value added services to enhance the selling process. Generate leads to new business through interactions with end users;
- Having general understanding of the negotiation process including: setting a negotiating agenda, seeking a win-win negotiation, and agreeing on what is negotiable;
- Working on various requests from the business units, such as: quotation, bids, collection and supporting the customer focused selling process. Perform product sampling of equipment or product;
- Helping in the development of short and long term growth targets that align with existing business plans and strategies for greater territory and account penetration;
- Taking advantage of new sales opportunities through effective time and territory management. Provide support in the Forecast process and inventory management process;
- Developing and Implementing own business plans and program that increase market coverage. Perform analysis and investigation about product and markets (3M-competitors);
- Preparing different administrative reports and presentations (oral/written) required for the position;
- Understanding sales goals and provide support on developing sales tactics and coordinates efforts in order to fulfil objectives;
- Identifying and Managing Key Opinion Leaders in coordination with the Professional Services team;
- Driving New Product launches that are relevant to the market covered;
- Implementation of Educational and Marketing activities;
- Interacting regularly with dental professionals, dental labs, and distributor sales reps to meet sales forecast;
- Establishing and Supporting an effective sub-distribution network for onward retailing of products;
- Customizing delivery of products and services solutions to meet their needs and become a trusted advisor to the most complex customers;
- Communication and Negotiation skills;
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence;
- Drive for Results;
- Relationship Management;
- Leadership Skills.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Degree is Dentistry will be an added advantage);
- A Dentist by profession will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in the use MS Office especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience within Dental/ Orthodontic industry;
- Extensive knowledge of Oral Care products;
- Knowledge in Sales planning Forecasting, Product launches; Sales processes and Marketing.
- Knowledge in Distributor Management;
- Experience in Territory Management.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php before 5PM, Wednesday 7th September 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.