Job title: Channel Business Developer (Africa - External: Kenya)
Purpose: The Business Developer, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned channel partners and identify potential partners and on-board new channel partners.
Drives channel partners to achieve assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
They are responsible for the on-ground channel model implementation.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel with a total emphasis on sales.
- Responsible for meeting targets within their portfolio.
- Providing assistance to a partner during the sale.
- Coach and guide channel partners in best Practice in Sales using the tools, collateral and programs provided by SYSPRO.
- Implementation of the SYSPRO channel program and sales initiatives
- Proactively leads a joint partner process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship in the sales cycle, according to the prescribed corporate sales methodology.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communications internally and externally, and through strict adherence to SYSPRO’s rules of channel engagement.
- Drives solution development efforts that best address end-user needs in line with SYSPRO’S go to market strategy.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company frameworks among assigned partners.
- To identify and qualify potential partners
- Oversee the onboarding of new partners to ensure they are able to effectively sell and deliver
- Conduct needs analysis with qualifying partners by following the pre-sales framework methodology
- Assist partners to build successful pipelines and submit pipeline forecasts and reports to Syspro
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contribution per target
- Maintenance per forecast
- Customer satisfaction > 7
- Contribution to preferred supplier status
- Partner satisfaction measures
Hierarchy: Channel Sales Manager: Africa
- Regional Offices
- External Customers
- Internal Departments
Education and qualification:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Sales/Channel Management.
4-8 years plus experience at Senior level:
- Appropriate industry experience
- Good track record in Sales and Channel business development & retention in ERP software environment
Location: SYSPRO Nairobi
Travelling: Will be required to travel
Office hours: As determined by client and/or project commitments
Functional / job-related
- Strong channel Industry knowledge
- Strong influential ability
- Strong business development abilities
- Project management
Other / soft skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Excellent Problem solving skills
How to Apply
Email your CV and application to [email protected]