Salary 20,000 NET
Job Purpose: Administrative Assistants ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
Assist with financial management
- Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
- Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup
- Prepare accurate bank reconciliations and deposits
- Administer petty cash according to established procedures
- Assist with financial reports as required
- Month end duties as required
Provide Board support
- With the Executive Director, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board
- Support the Board with meeting, travel and other arrangements
- Draft minutes of Board meetings for review by the Executive Director
- Create action list for management staff from board meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration or Equivalent
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 3 years experience in an office setting
- Administrative Assistants work in an office environment.
- Administrative Assistants usually work a standard work week.
- Administrative Assistants may be required to work some overtime hours such as attending Board meetings.
Applicants should forward their applications enclosing detailed CV’s stating their previous and expected gross pay by e-mail to [email protected]