Vacancy: Finance Assistant - South Sudan Country Office
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Organisation: Caritas Switzerland is committed to a world that is guided by solidarity, justice and peace and in which the inviolable dignity and the rights of every human being are respected.
We work to ensure that every person not only has access to food, water, shelter, health, work and education, but is able to expand his/her capabilities and opportunities to lead the life he/she values.
We provide professional, effective and efficient help to people in need and in poverty, regardless of their political or religious beliefs, gender or ethnicity.
The aim of all programmes is to reduce the poverty suffered by marginalised people, to ensure that their rights are respected, to reduce people’s vulnerability and to enable them to develop sustainable life strategies through social integration and access to natural resources, institutions, infrastructure and capital.
In line with the idea of the Social Development Goals that such goals are not only relevant for developing countries, but for all countries worldwide, Caritas Switzerland works both in Switzerland and abroad.
Position: Finance Assistant
Reporting to: Back Office Manager South Sudan Country Programme
Duration: Six months
Location: Kenya Country Office, Nairobi
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Checking correctness and completeness of receipts and vouchers
- Entering receipts and data into Sextant-Field software (bookkeeping)
- Filing of financial documents
- Supporting reconciliation of cash book and bank books with data entered into the Sextant-Field
- Producing monthly and project statements from Sextant-Field software to ensure accuracy
- Generating Sextant-Field detailed trial balance (DTB) reports and internal controlling reports
Essential requirements & qualifications
- University degree in accounting or business administration
- At least three years’ work experience as Finance Assistant and/or similar position preferably with NGOs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven effective and hands-on approach to accounting
- Advanced level in computer literacy, e.g. familiar with variety of bookkeeping software
- Accountable and trustworthy with good interpersonal skills and sensitivity to various cultural values
Contract start: 15.11.2016
If you feel you fit the required profile, please let us know how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of this position.
Send your application latest by 04.11.2016 to [email protected] indicating Finance Assistant in the subject line and label all your attached files with your full name and document title.
Please provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, earliest date of availability, names and telephone contacts of three referees, two of which should include your previous and current direct supervisors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.