Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya), a Christian Development and relief agency seeks to fill in the following vacant position at their Nairobi Office:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Closing Date: 19th October 2016
Mission Statement: Motivated by Christ's love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of Food for the Hungry through the framework of the organization’s vision, “God called and we responded until physical and spiritual hungers ended worldwide.”
In order to accomplish this vision, FH’s mission is to “walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.”
Position in the Organisation: Procurement and Logistics Assistant, report directly to the Logistics Manager.
The Purpose of the Job: To procure materials office supplies, equipment etc. to support and assist in logistic processes and related procedures for all FH Kenya cluster offices
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities.
Key Result # 1 Purchase and distribution of goods and services
- To receive purchase Requisitions from staff, get quotations for items from suppliers based on the expenditure levels and purchase the required items as per set policies.
- To log all requisition orders in the order tracking sheet and submit to Logistics Manager as required.
- Will oversee the movement of procured goods to the field off ices in line with set guidelines.
- Initiate payments for the supplies/materials/ items received and prepares GRN’s to be signed by receiving programs.
- Maintain a list of all FH approved suppliers within Nairobi and Buuri cluster
- To supervise the logistics staff in the absence of the Logistics Manager.
- To facilitate transportation of staff and other visitors to various destinations as requested
Key Result # 2 Asset management:
- To update the asset list after every procurement
- To ensure that every asset is handed over to the requester with a dully signed issue form
- To maintain asset records, invoices, warranty documents, and other purchase history.
- To contact insurance for all asset insurance & maintain a database of all insured assets.
Key Result # 3 Security & Communication:
- To ensure radio communication system is adhered to in Nairobi.
- To maintain copies of all office keys, codes and contacts with office alarm system provider.
- Liaise with the logistics manager for any security related issues.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Knowledgeable in procurement regulations
- A team player, creative, innovative and a good negotiator.
- Ability to learn new concepts and ideas
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite
Education and Experience
- Business related degree and a diploma in purchasing and supplies
- A valid accident free license with over five years of driving experience.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position.
Language Skills: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications indicating the expected salary, updated CV with three referees and day telephone contacts to:
Human Resources Manager
email address [email protected]
latest by 19th October 2016.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.