Our client, one of East Africa’s Insurance Brokerages built upon a clear understanding of the fundamental need of Kenyans, from all walks of life, to have financial protection and investment opportunities is looking to fill the position of a Finance Manager for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate MUST have a solid background in management working in banking, investment or insurance industry.
- Oversee preparation journal entries.
- Complete general ledger operations.
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile and maintain all balance sheet accounts.
- Draw up monthly financial reports.
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested.
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ensure all premium and commission reconciliations completed monthly.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts and tax returns.
- Review and process expense reports.
- Preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in accounting or finance department.
- Must have undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- Must be a CPA (K).
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ in management with direct reports.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quick-books and Spread Sheets.
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines.
- Ability to conduct system and policy updates.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Ability and drive to work independently and solution oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 230,000 - 250,000/= (Approx. 2,300 – 2,500 USD) depending on skills and experience
Deadline: 25th November 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.