Programme Manager, East Africa
Based in Nairobi with up to 25% travel
Who we are: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in challenging, complex and fragile environments, working to assist our clients in the international community and the global private sector to transform conflict and build stability, accountability and prosperity.
We aim to help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and giving a voice to local people.
We deliver five key services: research and analysis, project and programme design monitoring and evaluation, stakeholder engagement, capacity development, and programme management and implementation.
Our services are underpinned by the principles on which the company was founded: a commitment to local context, ethical procurement of local services and expert and high quality delivery.
We work to build local skills by investing in long-term presence and sustained relationships with local organisations, networks and individuals in the geographies where we work.
Integrity employs a multinational team of project managers and implementers, thematic and regional experts, researchers, evaluators and analysts with years of experience delivering complex programmes across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
Scope of work: Integrity is looking to identify a Nairobi-based Progrmame Manager (PM) to take responsibility for logistical management and administration of the programme operations and systems.
S/he reports to the Team Lead (TL), and coordinates closely with the Programme Director (PD) and HQ support team.
On a daily basis, s/he has the delegated responsibility for the management and coordination of field operations activities, ensuring compliance with programme policies (including risk management, duty of care coordination and logistics, administrative and financial support, resource and performance management), and maintaining liaison with the HQ support team.
During project implementation the PM is responsible for closely coordinating with the HQ Operations unit on any operational matters.
He/she will specifically liaise with the HQ support team includes the Integrity Operations Manager, Finance Manager, and East Africa Project Officer – all of whom are based in London.
Terms of reference
Regional office and personnel management (30% LoE)
A. Logistics and equipment
- Establish and manage t Asset Register of all equipment, including loaning items to staff and consultants
- Lead on procurement, ensuring application of Procurement Policy
- Conduct bi-annual inventory audits of all assets
- Office management
- Develop, track, and reconcile a ground transportation system / approach for programmes
- Coordinate and maintain the SIM/mobile plans for programmes
B. Administration and IT
- Establish and maintain document management system (for example using Podio, Dropbox) for programmes.
- Ensure all client deliverables are stored appropriately
- Establish and maintain protocols for back-to-office reports (e.g. MOMs, field trip reports, etc.) to programme teamsr
- Liaise with Integrity’s IT Manager (London-based), as needed, to address network issues
C. Personnel / Human Resources
- Liaise with HQ Project Officers to manage logistics for visiting Integrity staff and consultants (incl. supporting accommodation, travel logistics, transport etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating the inductions of programme consultnts
- Responsible for coordinating performance management in support of Line Managers and consortium partners of programmes
Operations management (50% LoE)
D. Security and operations
- Monitor and assess local (NBO) and regional security situations, liaising with programmes teams and partners
- Coordinate and manage all local (NBO) and regional security requirements in liaison with Integrity Operations Manager
- Coordinate and update regional Risk matrix, in liaison with Integrity’s Operations Manager, PD, and TL
- Track the safety of and ensure regular communication with local (NBO) and regionally-based personnel
- Update the programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and track their application
- Liaise with British High Commission, Integrity partners, as well as Integrity security and operations staff on behalf of programmes, as needed
- Coordinate the delivery of all safety, security and operations protocol trainings for programme personnel
E. Budgeting and finance
- Manage and forecast programme annual budget on a quarterly basis, with support of the PD
- Coordinate programme cash requirements, working in coordination with the PD and TL
- Establish and manage systems for client, consultant and partner input and output invoicing, in coordination with the PD
- Establish and manage systems for budget tracking and reconciliation, with support of the PD
- Manage Petty Cash
Services (20% LoE)
F. Delivery of milestones
- Support the TL on monitoring workplans and identifying gaps for additional resourcing to deliver milestones for programmes
- In consultation with the TL, coordinate internal and external quality assurance of key deliverables
- Support the TL in maintenance of Contract Deliverable Matrix
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in international environments, ideally in Horn of Africa region
- Strong programme management background, including the coordination of multi-year prime contracts, with responsibilities in operations, logistics, finance, and/or administration
- Experience of security and risk management is desirable
- Demonstrable technical skills in risk management, logistics, IT, finance and admin
- Experience of research, monitoring and evaluation projects/programmes is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven writing aptitude
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Competency in Somali desirable
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Closing date for applications: rolling applications.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.