The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (KNESWS) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage suitably qualified candidates who meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following position:
Information Systems Security Officer
One (1) Post
Job Grade: KTNA 6
Reports to: Manager ICT
Purpose for the Job: The jobholder is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive information security program and associated policies to provide assurance that KENTRADE’s information assets are protected and that information is used in accordance with its intended purpose.
The officer is responsible for protection of KENTRADE’s data and infrastructure from external and internal threats and ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy.
The Information Systems Security Officer is also responsible for continuous information risk assessment to ensure efficient risk management for the Agency.
Duties & Responsibilities
I. Managerial Responsibilities
- Development and operationalization of the corporate information security management program
- Development of information security policies and procedures.
- Development of ICT Security Section Budget and Procurement Plan.
- Reporting on the information security posture of the Agency.
II. Operational Responsibilities
- Develop and spearhead the implementation of a comprehensive information security and privacy program for KENTRADE.
- Development of KENTRADE’s ICT security policies, standards, procedures and Guidelines.
- Monitor the organisation’s networks and systems for security breaches and vulnarabilities and investigate violations when they occur.
- Lead in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series standards.
- Spearhead IT disaster recovery planning as part KENTRADE’S business continuity management.
- Develop and implement ICT risk management processes for protection of the agencies information assets.
- Collect and summarize security events and data including preparing security reports eventual remedial actions to be taken.
- Lead in the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Administer ICT security tools, Maintain security escalation and contact lists and security logs.
- Ensure that all business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures are always kept up to date.
- Coordinate information security awareness, training and educational activities.
- Keep abreast of latest security advisories and vulnerabilities pertaining to KENTRADE and its mission and take appropriate action.
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and/or Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
- ISACA Member.
Professional Work Experience
- At least four (4) years ICT Security work experience;
- Mandatory experience in developing and administering an Information Security Program;
- Experience in managing information security in Heterogeneous environments running Oracle Solaris and Windows Operating Systems;
- Demonstrable experience in working with various ICT Security Tools such as Firewalls.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates & testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than 5.00pm on 12th October 2016.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza Longonot Rd - Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KENTRADE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.