Our client, a luxury Safari company, is looking for an experienced Touring / DMC Manager to grow its DMC services in the entire region of East Africa.
The successful candidate must have significant experience in the DMC sphere – both as a Tour Consultant and Manager – would need to be an entrepreneurial personality who is keen to grow a business from the ground up, and have a proven ability to think on their feet, offer creative solutions and have experience at the upper end of the market.
A strong contracting record with tourism suppliers in the region and intimate knowledge of market related margins and selling rates would be essential –certainly in Kenya, but broader regional experience to Tanzania, Uganda or Rwanda would be useful.
- Contracting all suppliers, and creating, growing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Margin / price setting, and liaison with international offices as well as all clients on sell rates.
- Overall responsibility for managing proposal generation, analysis of business segments and focusing resources accordingly.
- Full operational delivery on the ground for all clients to a very high standard .
- Manage an initially small (but growing) team of around 5 Tour Consultants, Book-keeper, 8 vehicles and drivers across both Kenya and Tanzania.
- Full financial responsibility – from budget to delivery of DMC P&L.
- Sales and Marketing input – along with an established international team – to grow international sales via trade and consumer channels.
- Looking creatively at the destination and our product offering in order to clearly and tangibly differentiate our product from competitors in the market place.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree or above in relevant field.
- Must have ‘bottom up’ DMC/ Tour Operating experience – certainly in Kenya, ideally from around the region including Tanzania.
- Proven management experience of small to mid-size team in tour operations.
- Must be a good communicator and motivator – the staff, clients and suppliers.
- Proven commercial experience around running a business and both setting and delivering on ambitious targets.
- Experience with DMC reservations software systems is needed – Tour plan experience a plus.
- Experience in the MICE market a plus.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 400,000 /= (Approx. 4,000 USD) plus bonus
Deadline: 31st October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.