Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) is the second national Teaching and Referral Hospital serving the western part of Kenya and neighbouring countries. It is the first public Hospital to be ISO 9001:2008 certified.
The Hospital acts as a teaching institution for Moi University College of Health Sciences. MTRH is a centre for specialized medical care, training and research and participates in National Health Planning. With its vision of being “A World Class Teaching and Referral Hospital”.
MTRH is an equal opportunity employer and it seeks to recruit a highly competent, dynamic, visionary, results-oriented, proactive and experienced professional to fill the following position:-
Deputy Director, Administration and Finance
This position is a Senior Management position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Director (Administration and Finance) will be responsible for the following: -
- Provision of strategic leadership that ensures delivery of specialized quality health services.
- Direct, control and coordinate the general administrative services and staff in the Hospital.
- Be responsible for the management and efficient utilization of resources in the administrative departments.
- Participating in budget preparation within the Hospital and also nationally as well as monitoring budgetary performance.
- Approving expenditure and ensuring all payments are approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Coordinating interdepartmental activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Strategic planning.
- Performance management.
- Monitoring quality standards and procedures.
- Formulating and implementing Hospital Policies.
- Coordinating maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Training, counseling, guiding and mentoring staff.
- As a team member, work on disciplinary control of staff.
- Liaise closely with administrative coordinators in the clinical divisions for appropriate and efficient administrative back-up of these divisions.
- Liaise with agencies in the health sector for the support, expansion, maintenance and streamlining of the hospital’s health services along the national health policy guidelines.
- Advise, plan, coordinate administrative staff training and development programmes.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Job Specification for Appointment
Appointment to the grade of Deputy Director (Administration and Finance) will be made from candidates who must be in possession of both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Administration/ Management, Business Administration or Social Sciences from a recognized university.
Possession of a PhD in Administration/Management will be an added advantage.
He/she must possess the necessary competence, administrative ability and must have a proven track record in the senior management of large organizations, either as a Deputy Chief Executive Officer or in equivalent positions for not less than ten (10) years.
Evidence of adherence to Quality Management Systems and solid Integrity will be mandatory.
Serving Senior Assistant Director(s), Administration and Finance will be eligible for promotion to the grade of Deputy Director, Administration and Finance provided they possess the necessary academic and professional qualifications, and have shown merit and ability in the performance of their duties for the minimum period stated above.
In addition, all applicants for this position Must attach the following current documents: -
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Certificate.
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Certificate.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Certificate.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance.
- Strategic Leadership Development Programme Certificate or its equivalent.
- Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPS (K)) membership certificate and CPS (K) 2016 letter of good standing status.
- Possession of CPA (K) will be an added advantage.
Terms of Service and Salary Attached to the Scale
This job will be on a three (3) years’ contract, renewable once for a further period of 3 years subject to satisfactory work performance and the basic salary attached is:
MTRH Scale M2 - Kshs. 150,866 x 7,403 – 158,270 x 7,623 – 165,893 x 7,843 – 173,736 x 8,602 -181,768 x 8,946 – 190,744 x 17,110 – 207,854 x 18,766 – 226,620 p.m.
In addition to the basic salary, the successful candidate will get extraneous allowance, generous house allowance, risk allowance and commuter allowance. Service gratuity will be payable at the end of the 3 years’ contract.
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit 12 copies of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Please indicate the Job Reference on the envelope.
Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters before the timeline specified herein.
Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 3rd November, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
P.O. Box 3 – 30100
Persons with Disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Any lobbying and/or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.