Our client a leading Regional Manufacturing group is looking to recruit a Quality Controller.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience in a food industry.
- Inspection of all the incoming materials to ensure that only materials that conform to the company specifications are accepted.
- Carrying out any required analysis on raw materials and finished products as per the laid down operational procedures.
- Monitoring of the set Critical Control Points and Operational Prerequisite Programmes (O-PRP).
- Monitoring the entire processes as guided by standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that product non-conformities are controlled at all levels, and any non-conformity is properly documented and product isolated to prevent unintended use.
- Carrying out shelf life studies on the current products as per the laid down procedure.
- Actively participating in any research on new product development and improvement of the existing ones.
- Sensory evaluation of all products being packed to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensuring that high hygiene standards are upheld in the production environments and the plant in general.
- Carrying out daily and weekly hygiene audits, and equipment are cleaned as per the laid down schedule.
- Ensuring that personnel in production areas adhere to the set hygiene rules at all times.
- Maintaining clean Quality Control records and properly filing them within 24 hours.
- Carrying out reshipment inspections on goods being dispatched to the market.
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science / Chemistry from a recognized institution.
- Engineering from a recognized institution with at least 3 years’ work experience.
- Experience in food processing Quality Assurance.
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ready to build systems from the ground up.
Monthly net salary: Ksh. 100,000 /= (Approx. 1,000 USD)
Deadline: 30th November 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.