Programme Assistant – Knowledge Management, Research and MEAL
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: To support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of child protection programmes in the East Africa Regional Office with particular support to the Project - Strengthening child protection in AU Peace Support Operations.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Contract Duration: 1 year
Location: East and Southern Africa Regional Office - Nairobi
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in social sciences, international relations and/or related fields
- At least two years working with non-government organizations
- Experience of working in the field of knowledge management, research and M&E with practical experience of developing information assessment systems and also data/ information analysis.
- Good understanding of child protection issues
- Good understanding of the programme management cycle including financial and operational processes
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] stating the position you are applying for in the subject box.
This role closes on 17 November 2016
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents