Tourism Fund (TF) is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act, 2011 which came into operation on 1st September, 2012 vide special issue Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 93 of 24th August, 2012.
The Board of Trustees seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Legal Affairs Manager
Location: NHIF Building, Parking Tower, 5th Floor
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Group: 3
Job Summary: This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and shall be responsible for providing legal advisory services to the Fund so as to protect the its interests while ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
The position may also serve as the Corporation Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To formulate policies and give guidance on corporate legal matters.
- To ensure compliance with legal instruments.
- To ensure compliance with principles and values of good corporate governance.
- To provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources in the department.
- To review and provide advice on legal risks.
- To review ongoing cases and advise Management accordingly.
- To conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal information to staff.
- To review and advise Management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- To review and draft contracts agreements and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To manage and co-ordinate progress of outstanding litigations by liaising with external lawyers
- To participate in the formulation of the Board’s annual plans, programs, projects and budgets.
- To manage and conduct performance management reviews for the unit.
- Bachelors of Law (LLB) degree from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate diploma in law from Kenya School of Law.
- Master’s degree in law or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya (LSK).
- Must have been admitted as an advocate of High Court of Kenya and be a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Must have a current practicing certificate.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience three (3) of which must be at senior managerial level.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in chapter 6 of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the public service values and principles as defined in the Constitution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with the Laws dealing with government and or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration
- Have good communication, interpersonal and analytic skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategic management processes
- Good working knowledge of ICT applications
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed curriculum vitae, professional certificates and testimonials
The candidate must also attach the following
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- EACC clearance
- HELB clearance certificate
- Valid KRA compliance itax certificate.
- Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau
Applications clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ……………………………… ” to be addressed to:
P.O. Box 46987 – 00100
Soft copy applications to be sent to [email protected] so as to reach on or before 24th October 2016.
No hard copies will be accepted.
Minorities and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply