Communications and Graphic Design Internship – World Vision East Africa Regional Office
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
The East Africa Regional Office, operating in nine countries of East Africa namely; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda is looking for a Communications interns to work in its Nairobi office.
This internship aims to provide the interns with a broad understanding of international non-governmental organisation communications functions, with exposure to all elements of the regional office and opportunities to collaborate with the national offices across the region and regional bodies such as the Africa Union.
- Come up with concepts and ideas on how to visually communicate our brand and goals
- Work with regional communications team to design concepts for campaigns, events and other special projects
- Ensure that content and design of online is consistent with the house style and brand
- Expand World Vision’s reach in East Africa by advising on use of content distribution services
- Engaging in internal communications activities for broad exposure to the organisation
- Experience in graphic design and use of graphic design software
- Carry out media monitoring and report on the same on a weekly basis
Period of internship: November 2016 -April 2017 (6 months)
- University studies (ongoing or finished), or multimedia, desktop designing, journalism, media and communication courses
- Strong English writing skills
- Excellent use of technology including software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional)
- Graduate intern preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Typo3, FileMaker is an advantage.
Languages: Excellent oral and written English.
Kindly send applications to [email protected] indicating the job title. ‘Communications and Graphic Design Internship ’ as the email subject