Vacancy: Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Job Summary: The Business Intelligence (BI) developer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Jubilee’s Insurance BI solutions.
The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment).
The BI Developer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have in-depth experience with Oracle BI Enterprise Suite.
He will also ensure reports are designed and developed in accordance with specifications and maintain high levels of quality through management of an assurance process working closely with information managers and leads.
- Deliver a high quality, responsive and efficient BI development service supporting organizational strategic and operational objectives.
- Oversee design, development and deployment of the ETL Layer to ensure upto date data is available
- Develop BI reports in an agile manner and in line with best practice which enhance the end user experience
- Building, maintenance and continual enhancement of a robust, high availability, efficient and scalable data warehouse/mart for all lines of business across the region
- Be subject matter expert in BI development techniques and technologies including best practice to design data warehouses and various reports, dashboards and widgets
- Develop BI reports and dashboards based on a wide range of data sets across all lines of business and regions, using BI development tools and products as appropriate, to ensure reports deliver accurate and useful information in meaningful form to user.
- Maintain detailed and up to date specialist knowledge of BI development techniques and tools and implement within the organization as appropriate.
- Support spoke teams and customers in use of the organization’s BI tools which may be deployed to facilitate increased use of information and self-service analytics
- Producing quality Management information by translating business requirements into relevant and timely reports
- Deliver training to users in use of the BI tools.
- Develop data-cubes and trend company KPI’s.
- Design, maintain and enhance the Data Warehouse and report building platforms
- Maintaining and enhancing the organization’s Data Warehouse
- Sourcing and Managing Data
- Producing quality Management information by translating business requirements into relevant and timely reports, dashboards, alerts and widgets
- Schedule report generation and automating distribution