Position Title: Grill Cook
Job Summary: A grill cook will work in a restaurant and serve grilled foods, will prepare cooked steaks and other cuts of meat to each customer’s exact specifications while simultaneously maintaining full control of the grill station.
He or she is always fully responsible for the quality of all food that leaves the grill station while maintaining high standards of health and safety
Key Result Areas:
- Take grilled food orders from waiters
- Season and prepare food items for grilling
- Grill requested food items in accordance to customers’ specifications and preset recipes
- Manage portions of grilled food items and garnish them
- Regulate temperature of broilers, grills and roasters
- Wash, cut and peel meats and vegetables prior to preparing them for cooking
- Taste and evaluate food items before serving
- Receive raw food items from suppliers
- Ensure that all supplied items are of good quality and accurate quantity
- Ensure refrigeration and rotation of food items
- Label food items appropriately
- Discard any expired or near expiry food items
- Arrange prepared food items in an aesthetic manner
- Check and recheck equipment temperature to ensure accuracy of order
- Maintain work area by cleaning and sanitizing constantly
- Clean and sanitize grilling and broiling equipment after use
- Ensure preventative and general maintenance of grilling equipment
- Make sure that food items are appropriately thawed before using
- Manage inventory of food supplies
- Cool food items to standard temperatures before serving
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- Professionalism and Style Expectations:
- The following is expected of every Team Member and Manager:
- Serves great food with great service and a great attitude.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner.
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves (acts & dresses) professionally at all times while setting the standard for all Team Members.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Works to resolve disagreements; is respectful of peers and co-workers.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Experiences:
- Diploma or Certificate in food production from a recognized institution
- Full-Service Restaurant Kitchen Experience is desired.
- 3-4 years’ experience as grill cook
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of uncertainty or crisis.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements:
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, pours, carries, and pushes.
- Lifts and carries tubs, trays, and cases weighing.
- Frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before 18th November 2016
State your current and Expected Salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Grill Cook’