Job title: Program Director - Uganda
Industry: International NGO
Job Summary: The position of Program Director is responsible for the overall management of the Global Fund Malaria Program.
S/he will provide leadership and management oversight of the grant and engage in high-level representation, coordination and relationship management with key stakeholders.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- With key program staff and stakeholders, ensure the Global Fund Malaria Program’s strategic objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- Ensure that vision and plans for the program are adhered to and are in line with our client’s agency and country program strategies.
- Oversee periodic technical reviews and manage changes in program direction and focus.
- In collaboration with program and SR staff, provide guidance and technical oversight to partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Supervise and support Supply Chain Manager to ensure all procurement and supply chain management activities are well coordinated with national partners and implemented systematically in compliance with WHO, Global Fund and national regulations and guidelines.
- Supervise and support the M&E Manager to put in place strong monitoring and evaluations procedures that are well-coordinated with national actors and aligned with the national health management information system.
- Oversee program’s monitoring and evaluation system, using data analysis as the basis for measuring performance.
- With program staff, ensure the delivery of quality training, technical assistance and administrative and financial support to all SRs.
Management and Administration:
- Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources.
- Ensure timely and quality Program Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) in collaboration with regional and global support staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status; review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
- Together with the Finance Manager and Head of Operations, ensure accurate accounting including accurate recording of inter-fund transactions, and reconciliation between cash and accrual accounting systems.
- Review SR reports, provide feedback on implementation progress and performance, and identify solutions to address challenges and weaknesses.
- Ensure staff compliance with all our client’s and Global Fund administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Together with Head of Operations, ensure timely procurement of non-health products for our client’s, and ensure procedures followed adhere to Global Fund regulations and our client’s procurement policy.
- Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Serve as the primary program contact to the Ministry of Health, the Global Fund, the CCM, LFA and other local and international stakeholders, responsible for addressing all program matters.
- Coordinate and strengthen linkages with other Principal Recipients.
- Represent our client at all relevant sectoral meetings and coordination forums.
Human Resource Management:
- Lead, manage and supervise a team of staff to meet program objectives.
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with our client’s performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Manage recruitment portfolio for the program, in collaboration with Human Resources and our client’s country program management, to ensure optimum service delivery through recruitment of competent and qualified staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Public Health, Medicine, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior management position and in the management of large-scale health programs in an African country
- Strong preference for candidates with at least five years’ experience in malaria programming and provision of technical assistance to government and non-government partners
- Experience in management of multiple sub-recipients in complex, high risk environments
- Knowledge of Global Fund regulations required
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Public relations skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Strong representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners (including representatives of government agencies) in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Professional proficiency in English oral and written communication skills; strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations)
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50% and out of the country up to 10%
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications including detailed CVS to Recruitment Manager on email [email protected] before 29th November 2016.