M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title: CC Workforce Planning Officer
Reporting to: Head of Customer Support Services
Overall Purpose: M-KOPA is looking to recruit a workforce planning officer within Customer Care Support Services to offer support on Call Centre workforce.
The workforce planner will be responsible for the real-time monitoring of queues, ensuring the correct number of agents are available at the right times to answer forecasted volume of incoming calls, and making adjustments to call allocations driven by on-demand trends.
You will be accountable to monitor critical business operations and performance indicators at an interval level in real-time
Who We Are
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 350,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use instalment plan.
Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits" for Ksh 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments.
This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company's proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPANET.
As of January, 2016 M-KOPA employs over 900 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT.
To ensure that the research and development of new products add value to (and do not distract from) its core business, M-KOPA is establishing the M-KOPA Labs.
The Labs will be a dedicated business unit within M-KOPA that will define and test extensions of the M-KOPA asset-based credit model for off-grid-power to new products and services.
- Analyze call volume and trends and recommend appropriate call and workforce strategy adjustments throughout the day
- Conduct trend analysis to anticipate and recommend changes in daily and long-term strategy within the call center
- Engage with team leaders and management to understand reasons for performance impacts.
- Take action to mitigate various impacts to performance metrics as per documented processes
- Communicate to impacted businesses leaders on actions taken and current status
- Monitor intra-day scheduling forecast compared to actual volumes and make daily adjustments as required
- Pro-actively communicate and follow up with CC management operations to execute all planned and real-time activities
- Monitor and track traffic across the Call Centre in real-time.
Systems & crisis monitoring
- Recognize and initiate escalation for all system difficulties or outages, including switch, routing systems, computer systems, customized department systems, and all applicable supported applications
- Monitor all call center events for crisis situations that may impact the business
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing management/maintenance of a database of all errors and issues identified as well as following up for resolution.
Analysis & Reporting
- Create, manage, and distribute normal daily and ad hoc reports to business
- Compile, distribute and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly call center performance reports.
- Prepare and review analysis of all billings and sales/retention activities.
- Monitor headcount expense reductions and optimize cost per call through forecast analysis and assists in vendor expense management.
- Forecast for all business partners and find solutions for improving metrics, along with making recommendations on how to increase or improve productivity.
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in report analysis, strategic planning and/or workforce management experience, and customer service, preferably in a call center setting.
- Understanding of the impact of staffing shortages to a center's ability to provide service to customers
- Critical thinking with the ability to contribute to challenging assignments in a business-critical environment
- A high sense of urgency, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to cover all times for support in a 24x7 environment, if needed
- Commitment to a schedule that includes weekends
- Extensive familiarity with software applications including MS Excel, knowledge and use of Access, SQL, Dialer.
- Strong verbal and written communication, comprehension skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- An undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Information Technology or Equivalent strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
To apply, please CLICK HERE to apply online. Click on the “click to apply” button adjacent to this job and follow the application instructions. It is advised to complete all the required fields as requested as well as any assessments stipulated as a requirement.
Please Note: M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.