Our Client a manufacturing company seeks to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Procurement Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership through partnership with key stakeholders to deliver continuity of supply, cost competitiveness and product affordability.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Responsible for all direct and indirect procurement work for the company;
- Provide leadership in the procurement of a cost efficient procurement system;
- Manage the optimization of the company’s procurement activities;
- Implement policies and processes for the procurement department;
- Develop, implement and execute sourcing strategies for products and services;
- Drive cost savings & avoid including cost of goods initiatives by leading and coordinating negotiations for key raw materials and packaging materials;
- Ensure continuity of quality supply by carrying out capacity planning & forecasting models for key inputs;
- Evaluate and measure performance of external service providers in order to ensure quality service, efficiency and delivery to specifications as set forth in agreements;
- Implement process improvement initiatives;
- Monitor feedback mechanisms for business issues in order to ensure product quality and consistency; and
- Negotiate contacts to secure favourable terms for long-term supply agreements.
- Business Acumen;
- Negotiation Skills;
- Strategic Leadership;
- Relationship Management;
- A Bachelor’s degree Purchasing & Supply Chain, Procurement / Logistics, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration ;
- 5- 7 years in procurement with at least 2-3 years in a managerial position;
- Experience in FMCG environment is an added advantage;
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage; and
- Membership of professional body in area of specialization e.g CIPS, KISM.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 11th November 2016.