Position: Senior Nurse
Do you have knowledge of any of these languages?
Spanish, French, German or Japanese?
If yes, kindly email your application as soon as possible.
Reporting directly to the Head of Administration.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Be a holder of a Kenya Registered Nurse or Kenya Community Nurse Diploma from a recognized medical training college.
- Holder of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience preferably in a school environment.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language.
- Knowledge and experience of providing first aid and the care of children
- Teamwork: flexible, co-operative, helpful; self-aware; collaborates well; ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Sensitivity: listens well and understands and responds to the needs of different elements of the school community
- Organization: systematic; efficient; meets agreed priorities
- Technical skill: good computer skills
- Physical: able to undertake all the physical requirements of the post and use equipment, according to health and safety guidelines.
- To run and manage the dispensary/clinic and provide a high standard of service to pupils and members of staff.
- Assessing, evaluating and treating children at the clinic in accordance with the school regulations and guidelines set out by the Ministry of Education for preschoolers and Kindergarten children.
- Providing first aid and emergency care and treatment as necessary, this includes maintaining stock of all school first aid kits.
- Following good practice and specific directives on immunization procedures relevant to the school population and individuals.
- Observing and practicing procedures for control of infectious diseases.
- Maintaining the treatment room stock, hygiene and tidiness.
- Being aware of recommended safe storage, usage and disposal of medical supplies and drugs.
- Arranging to take the children to the hospital for any medical emergencies.
- Developing and writing policies for the dispensary/clinic in liaison with the HR Manager.
- Following procedures for the safe disposal of clinical waste maintaining safe storage, usage and disposal of medical drugs and supplies.
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience & qualifications.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Only applications with similar experience shall be contacted.
Please specify, job title & additional language on subject line.
Kindly email cover letter & updated resume (word document format) to:
Use this format please on subject line: Senior Nurse, additional language (XXXXXX insert language).
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.