Twaweza, a dynamic East Africa wide organization, is looking for a competent, effective and energetic Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer
Job Title: Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer
Cluster: Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Salary Level: 6
Reports to: Feedback and Monitoring Coordinator
Supervises: Usually none, except as assigned by the Supervisor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Responsibility: Under the guidance of the Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator, and as relevant of the LME Director, the LME Officer is responsible for overseeing and implementing the monitoring activities as articulated in the Twaweza monitoring plan, documenting lessons learned and communicating those within Twaweza, and in close consultation with the Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator at times outside Twaweza.
- 1. Oversee the implementation of the various monitoring studies commissioned as part of the Twaweza monitoring portfolio, working closely with the relevant implementing units and the Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator, and as relevant with LME Director
- 2. Significantly contribute to developing and improving methods for monitoring that will produce (quantitative and qualitative) data relevant to Twaweza’s Theory of Change
- 3. Analyze monitoring data and translate creatively into well documented lessons, working closely with the Program Officers and Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator.
- 4. Promote learning from the monitoring work through active communication for both internal use, as well as an external audience (e.g., writing first drafts of Monitoring Briefs, writing blogs, etc.)
- 5. On a continuous basis liaise and collaborate with LME Director, particularly to provide monitoring data, reports, assessments, lessons, and other monitoring and feedback documentation as relevant to the evaluation portfolio.
- 6. Organize and oversee the implementation of the internal learning agenda in a creative and effective manner, including taking leadership in and management of the country-based learning sessions.
- Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with Twaweza Policies.
- Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of Twaweza’s work.
- Collaborate with Twaweza staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done.
- Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per Twaweza requirements.
- Participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
- Comply with and foster adherence to the established Twaweza values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor and/or Executive Director
Core Qualifications & Competences
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience;
- Keen understanding of Tanzania’s political and social dynamics;
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of monitoring approaches and methods (mixed methods preferable);
- Demonstrated strong analytical and conceptual skills; proven data analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative) a strong plus;
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills in English;
- Strong affinity with the thinking behind the Twaweza concepts;
- Demonstrated team working qualities, and ability to deliver quality results;
- Curiosity and passion to learn, push the envelope, innovate, take thoughtful risks and get things done.
Changes and Amendments: This job description may be amended by Twaweza after consultation with the employee and the supervisor.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (max 4 pages) to [email protected], including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file.
In the subject of your email write your name, the position you are applying for and country
Deadline for the submission is 15th January 2017.