AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position to be based in South Sudan.
Job Summary: The Hotel Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the hotel and will ensure that all guests receive first class service whilst achieving the financial goals of the company.
He/she will be reporting to the General Manager.
- Provide leadership to achieve best in class service levels
- Meet the company’s financial targets
- Market the hotel to achieve sales targets
- Control costs by minimizing waste
- Good man management skills
- Prepare budget
- Be innovative and resourceful
- Be proactive take initiative
- Inventory control
- Set selling prices, achieve company margins
- Project management
- Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) experience
- Ideally have an F&B background
- Ideally have bar knowledge
- Health & Safety focused
- Implement training plans
- Manage multiple nationalities and cultures
- Adhere to company SOPs
- Work under pressure, cheerful disposition
Ensure that all work is done in line with AFEX’s Health and Safety guidelines.
To understand the AFEX requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of your work.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Hotel Manager in a 4-5-star hotel
- Have managed multiple service outlets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum medium level computer skills
- Internationally recognized Hotel Degree
- Focus on achieving company standards and goals
- Clear focus on providing service quality to the highest level
- A team player
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of their qualifications, experience and full contact address including day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by Friday, 14th July 2017 to [email protected]