Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited Private Christian University sponsored by the Church of Nazarene International, which follows the Wesleyan Holiness Tradition.
It integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
Vacant Position: Facilities Officer
The University is looking for a qualified person to fill the position of Facilities Officer reporting to the Vice-Chancellor.
This function involves planning and executing the overall management of facilities and services at the university.
The Facilities Officer will be required to set the service standard, hire, and train and manage staff of Facilities Management and Development Department so as to meet quality service delivery required by the university.
This will require direct supervision of contractors, construction projects, maintenance of grounds, roadways, paths, sewerage etc.
This role also requires ensuring compliance with safety and health statutory requirements.
The Facilities Officer will be required to liaise closely with other members of the University.
This role requires that one prepare complex and technical reports, and tender information.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities
The Facilities Officer is the Head of Facilities Management and Development Department and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for:
- Proper maintenance of the university buildings and grounds, sportsground, gardens, roadways and paths, water, power, sewerage, etc. at the university ensuring value for money.
- Prepare and implements preventive maintenance schedules at the university.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change and manage the process of innovative change effectively and efficiently.
- Designing and implementing minor works.
- Overseeing all the construction projects at the university.
- Assessing the cost of construction projects at the university and advising the university accordingly
- Preparing departmental budget and having control on expenditure.
- Prepare and procure detailed specifications, technical reports relating to the delivery of effective and efficient planned and reactive maintenance programmes of work and complete as approved.
- In liaison with relevant officers participate in planning and executing of events at the university.
- Making the necessary arrangements to receive and introduce the work and witness teams to their assigned projects.
- Working closely with National Environment Management Authority, carry out and supervise health and safety risk assessments for university buildings and sites.
- Development and implementation of safety and health policy, and disaster recovery policy.
- Effective recruitment and management of the cleaning, maintenance and grounds staff.
- Management of staff in the department including inducting new staff into the department and periodical appraising their performance within the set guidelines by the University
- Train and develop staff in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, infrastructures, equipment.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Vice-Chancellor or any other authorized officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in building and construction with six years relevant experience in estate management and project management, or
- Master degree in building and construction with two years relevant experience in estate management and project management.
- Experience in procurement/purchasing and supplies
- Good understanding of building trades and maintenance services
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications addressed to:
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of certificates, names and contacts of three referees, and should reach the office not later than 28th July, 2017.
Applications could also be dropped at the Nairobi, CBD Campus - Aghro House, Moi Avenue.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.